Monday, February 28, 2011

Do One Thing Everyday that Scares You...
(Eleanor Roosevelt)

I read this statmeent yesterday on a bumper sticker as my husband and I were being driven in a car on a tour of Eugene Oregon, with a realtor, who was showing us the ropes of real estate investing, while filling us in on the market here in Eugene Or.


I was excited reading that because that's exactly what real estate investing is for me, SCARY! It's so new it makes my stomach turn sometimes as I move forward dealing with real people and real houses, not just Monopoly! The interesting thing is I love the newness of it, yet it scares me at the same time. I keep thinking, "I can't wait until this is so familiar to me, that it will be like driving a stick shift." I remember first learning with my sister Sarah and I couldn't figure out why I kept stalling and stalling and stalling... and yet she would remind me that one one day I wouldn't even have to think twice. Now today I remember that as I put it in 1st, 2nd, 3rd,...

All that to say, I have been recognizing that LIFE takes time. I used to HATE that saying, I used to get mad that "some things just take time." As a matter of fact I used to rebel against that statement thinking, "except for with me." But I FINALLY have recognized that it's not such a bad truth, it actually has relieved the fears of: "What if I miss it? What if there is never a deal this good? What if I run out of time? What if someone does it before me?"

I find relief in knowing, if I continue at this (whatever this may be); IN TIME, I will get better, it will become familiar, I will be one of those knowledgeable people whom I admire today, who knows so much, because they have been doing it for such a long TIME. :)

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love those life lessons. Thanks for sharing Jessica! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool! Thank you for sharing that with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you!
    Patience isn't one of virtues either...

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback! Also suggested topics you are interested in. Thanks for your support.

Raw Life

Raw Life
Contentment.

Popular Posts